Hillwood has been educating children since 1949, and our growing experience continues to help us streamline policies to best benefit students. We also pride ourselves on adapting to the changing lifestyles and work schedules of parents and welcome feedback about our policies throughout the year.
Health and Safety
• If your child is sick and will not be attending school, please call (415) 931-0400 between 7:30 a.m. and 9 a.m.
• Like most other schools, Hillwood is not allowed to dispense medication to your child. If your child requires medication, please keep him or her home. When the child returns to school, he or she should have a doctor's release.
• Children must go home if they have a temperature of 100 or higher, are vomiting, or displaying discomfort due to illness.
• If someone else, other than you will be picking up your child, please call us with his or her name. This person should be prepared to show a picture I. D. upon picking up the child.
Contact and Parent-Teacher Conferences
• As soon as your home or work phone numbers change, please notify us immediately, so we can update our directory. This includes cell phones and pagers.
• If you feel the need to speak to your child's teacher, please call between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. We will do our best to make the teacher available to you. You may also make an appointment, before or after school.
Tuition and Fees
• Tuition is due at the start of each month. There is a late fee of $10 after the 10th of the month.
• Hillwood is open from 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. If you are late in picking up a child, there is a charge of $1 per minute for every minute after 6 p.m. (a 6:15 p.m. pick up means a $15 payment).
• Returned tuition checks include a $20 fee.
• Snack time is at 5 p.m. for children who have not yet been picked up. Please do not send candy, sweets, and junk food to school. We strongly discourage children from sharing snack foods at this time due to allergies, fairness, and the like.
• School birthdays! Please phone (415) 931-0400 to arrange a school party for your child!
• Free dress is the first Friday of each month. Please have your child wear appropriate clothes.
• Please have your son or daughter wear comfortable shoes on a daily basis. Running shoes are preferred for recreation yard safety.
• If your child needs to borrow a school uniform due to the soiling of their own, please return it to school promptly, laundered and ready for use.
• To order a Hillwood Academic Day School uniform online, view the Dennis Uniform web site. You can also visit Dennis Uniform’s San Francisco store at 590 10th Street in San Francisco. The store number is (415) 864-3401.
• When planning vacations during the school year, please give us advanced notice so that we can plan any appropriate homework for your child.